Friday, January 25, 2013

Vintage Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars)



The New Trilogy is a part of Star Wars I’ve yet to touch on at this blog. I’m not a big fan of the new movies, but the story is good, and I like the Clone Wars series as well. What I’m trying to say really, is that I like parts of the new movies and I do accept them, they’re just not on par with the old.

TVC The Vintage Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi Hasbro Kenner The Clone Wars Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper Attack of the Clones Commander Cody Tusken Raiders

When the “online only” wave of TVC figures was announced, I originally targeted only the OT figures. In retrospect, I wish I had thrown in Ashoka as well, but at the time I just didn’t assume her price would shoot so far up. Obi-wan on the other hand, came down in price which made me much more interested in him.

This is a good figure. It takes the good Clone Wars design, but puts it in a more realistic style I can really appreciate. Cartoon aesthetics really kill a lot of action figures for me, like with Clone Wars, but also in a few other Hasbro brands. Obi-wan looks great decked out in his clone armor without the animated style. His articulation is good as well, although I would have preferred ball jointed hips for him as it would have greatly helped his poseability and still have been hidden by his softgoods skirt, but it’s a minor gripe.

Obi-wan is a great figure, and I recommend getting him while these are still affordable. I don’t know if prices will ever skyrocket on him, but this wave was made in smaller numbers than other TVC waves, so once supply dries up you’ll probably see it reflected in the price of this figure. 

TVC The Vintage Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi Hasbro Kenner The Clone Wars Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper Attack of the Clones Commander Cody Tusken Raiders

TVC The Vintage Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi Hasbro Kenner The Clone Wars Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper Attack of the Clones Commander Cody Tusken Raiders

2 comments:

  1. A cool figure and awesome headsculpt. This is a version I'd just make a custom of, though. More great shots of him, Chad, especially with the Tusken Raiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Dan! Sorry I just now got around to responding.

      You're right about the headsculpt, I think this is the best NT Obi-Wan head Hasbro's done.

      Delete