Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kenner Dengar



Although the bounty hunters really didn’t do much in the films, they’re interesting characters and Dengar especially has an interesting design. Of the Imperial bounty hunters, I think Dengar might just be my second favorite, although it’s hard to rank that bunch.

Star Wars vintage original ESB ANH ROTJ Empire Strikes Back A New Hope Return of the Jedi The Clone Wars bounty hunter Dengar Kenner Hasbro
This Kenner toy on the other hand, is not my favorite at all. I picked this one up mainly by chance and was surprised by one thing in particular: his height. The original Dengar is really tiny, like, Jawa/Ewok tiny. I have no clue why they would have made him this small, but either way I think it detracts from him.

Otherwise Dengar really isn’t a bad figure, his sculpt is great. His rifle is really cool too, and although it’s not really the Valken-38 he used, it works either way. The height issue really puts him down a notch though, especially when so many of the ESB and ROTJ figures were already so strong.

Star Wars vintage original ESB ANH ROTJ Empire Strikes Back A New Hope Return of the Jedi The Clone Wars bounty hunter Dengar Kenner Hasbro

1 comment:

  1. His height is a bummer but Cyko gave me the great advice of putting him on something when taking a shot of him with other figures. I hated him when I was young because he was ugly and boring but he's grown on me, as a lot of odd figures do. Awesome shot with the Imperial Commanders, Chad.

    ReplyDelete