Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kenner Cloud Car Pilot



The Cloud Car Pilot wasn’t a figure I prioritized getting, but through the usual means of getting figures you don’t intend (lots), I’ve ended up with two. That’s not to say I didn’t want this one, but at the moment I don’t even have a Twin Cloud Car to put them in, and I also hate that mine don’t have their parts, but I guess that just makes incentive for a third down the road…

With that said, he’s just another great figure from the original Kenner Star Wars line. The idea of him doesn’t seem too interesting, but good sculpting and paint details really bring him to life. I also especially like something about his bowl shaped helmet.

I will say I think the bent arm limits him a bit, but it makes more sense when you have the commlink he was included with. I also think his gun looks a bit too boxy, but it’s not bad either. All in all, he compliments my collection of Bespin figures well.

Kenner Cloud Car Pilot Vintage ESB Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Hasbro Concept Cloud Car Bespin Cloud City Lando

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the overall aesthetic of Cloud City and Bespin was very unique, including the characters and figures. I'd put the 25th Scrap Iron launcher remote or even Firefly's phone in his hand. I didn't even know they had made this figure. I must have thought he was boring when I was a kid or he just wasn't at my toy stores long. One of those figures I'm surprised they made, rather than Piett or Ozzel???? Kenner was cuckoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some good ideas for replacing his commlink, from what I recall it was almost just like Scrap Iron's remote.

      I also don't quite understand why Kenner made this guy, or his vehicle. My best guess would be they just made him because he's a Bespin character, since they seemingly had a focus on that planet.

      Delete