Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kenner Snaggletooth



*Cough, cough*, that's a lot of dust on the blog here! A lot of the Force Awakens news going around has stirred my appetite for Star Wars, so to get back into the swing of things, I'm gonna take a look at another Kenner classic.

Snaggletooth here was sent to me about a year ago by my friend Xander. I feel like I'm more attracted to smaller figures for some reason, Snags here is no exception. Kenner had some interesting takes on a lot of the Cantina aliens, usually they didn't look much like their movie counterparts. Snaggletooth is no exception to that, although it feels like there's a little extra detail on him. The design on his belt buckle, the good paint on his eyes and tooth, details on his suit, a lot to appreciate on a figure so old. This much effort on a modern figure would look so much better than what Hasbro does.

Kenner Snaggletooth Star Wars ANH A New Hope Hasbro Vintage Action Figure Storm Trooper Ponda Baba Death Star Droid Ep. IV

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the movie is making me wang to bust out my Kenner buddies, too😸 One of my favorite Chalmun's patrons, Chad. Your shot is the perfect perspective for his stature, too. I look at that head and wonder how to make another vintage Snivvian custom??? These guys are pretty cheap for custom fodder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! It definitely feels like there's some cool customs you should be able to make with this guy. Maybe you could make one in a more ragged costume using Luke parts? It'd be interesting to see.

      Delete